Safeguarding is Everyone's Responsibility!
If you have any concerns about a child within our school you should share this information with a member of our staff immediately. The named people below are the people you should talk to, however if they are unavailable, please ask to speak to the most senior member of staff available. If you have any concerns, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
At Cubitt Town Primary School, the health, safety and wellbeing of every child is our paramount concern. We have a duty of care for all the children who attend our school. We listen to our pupils and we take seriously what they tell us. As a result of this, there may be times we have to consult with other agencies as well as yourselves. Although we strive to work in partnership with you to help your child achieve well and be prepared for the next stage in their education and adult life, there may be exceptions to this, when concerns are raised, for the protection of your child.
We promote a culture of Safeguarding is Everyone's Responsibility in our school. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families and carers, has a role to play in safeguarding. In order to fulfil this effectively, all professionals should make sure their approach is child centred. This means that they should consider, at all times, what is in the best interests of the child.
- Designated Safeguarding Lead - Ms Robyn Bruce (Headteacher)
- Additional Designated Safeguarding Lead - Ms Karen Ward (Learning Mentor)
- Our Safeguarding governor is Margaret Davies (Chair)
Deputy Safeguarding Leads
- Angie Drew, Assistant Headteacher (Inclusion)
- Jacqui Jenkins, Parent Liaison Coordinator
- Nicky Pear, Deputy Headteacher
- Jane Woolley, Senior Assistant Headteacher
- Rabia Begum, Administration Officer
- Roy Pratt, Pastoral Care Co-ordinator
To promote a safe environment for pupils:
- All staff are subject to Disclosure and Barring checks
- All visitors must enter via the main entrance and sign in using our system and wear a badge at all times
- A leaflet is given to new visitors to the school detailing safeguarding arrangements
- Visitors are asked to turn off mobile phones whilst on site
We understand that at times parents/carers may have concerns about other families in our school settings. In this situation please come and talk to one of our named persons. Similarly, we understand that there are times within a family setting when things become difficult. If you feel you need support or someone you can talk to please contact Ms Bruce (via the school office), Jacqui Jenkins (Community House) or Karen Ward.
If you have concerns about a member of staff, please talk with one of the named persons above or talk to a member of the Senior Leadership Team. In case of a concern about the Headteacher, then contact should be made with the Chair of Governors.
Safeguarding Policies and Procedures
Websites you may find useful